|Photography by Art of Her|
Welcome! Our last blog post went into detail about how we came to decide now is the time for us to begin the adoption process. Since then, we've done a ton of research, asked a lot of questions, and read some incredible blogs from adoptive parents. Below is a timeline(ish) of what the process is going to look like:
- Dec 2014 - decision to begin adoption process :)
- Jan-Feb 2015 - research adoption agencies and "interview" several to find the right fit.
- Feb 2015 - chose Nightlight Adoption, specifically because of their Nicaragua program
- We choose Nicaragua for a variety of reasons which we will blog about at a later date.
- Decided we are looking for a boy or girl, ages 2-6, with the potential of adopting a sibling pair.
- March 2015 - sent out initial paperwork to begin the Home Study which will take anywhere from 3-4 months
- July - September(ish) 2015 - finalize Home Study and US reviews to approve us as an adoptive couple.
- September(ish) 2015 - send additional documents to Nicaragua for review.
- ?? 2015 - ? - This is where the real waiting game begins. We could be called in weeks or years with a "referral" for a little one (or ones).
- Once contacted we have 2 weeks to make a decision and make our way to Nicaragua.
- We will then spend 3 months in Nicaragua getting to know our little one (or ones) and finalizing the adoption!!
As you an imagine this is a fairly pricey endeavor we've set out on, so we've come up with a few different ways our family, friends, loved ones, and anyone else who has a heart for adoption can get involved:
- Check out our fundraising page where you'll find a fun twist.
- Do you like coffee? Just Love Coffee roasters supports adoptive families by donating a portion of their sales. You need to order through our "storefront" and we get $5 for every 12oz bag of coffee sold!!
- You can set up an automatic delivery (or "subscription) too.
- We are having a rummage sale in June 2015! Do you have anything you've been meaning to get rid of that you would be willing to donate to us to sell? Let us know!
- We can bring life to other ideas you may have as well...
- Ash enjoys painting indoors and refinishing furniture too!
- Basically we can customize anything you see below to fit what you would like!
|Refinished this piece.|
|Can do other|
|Made this bar table and chairs|
from several different pieces.
|Custom barn door.|
|"I love you to the moon and back"|